Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Thermostatic Controls
Reload this Page >

Honeywell Prestige 2.0 thermostats which directly connect to the internet?

Old 10-19-14, 06:49 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Do you know if there are any Honeywell Prestige 2.0 thermostats which directly connect to the internet or do they all require the RedLINK Internet Gateway?

Thank you!

Old 10-19-14, 06:53 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
The Honeywell TH9320WF5003/U is their WiFi model and will not require an internet gateway.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH93...9320WF5003%2FU

Old 10-19-14, 09:06 AM
L
Thank you!

I looked at that model - the problem is I have a Honeywell TrueSteam Humidifier in my system and the TH9320WF5003/U does not allow true control of the humidifier. You can with some creative wiring get the humidifier to turn on with the furnace but you need a separate control to manage the humidifier. The Prestige Thermostats allow me to control the humidifier and through the EIM as well as add in additional sensors. I was just hoping there was one with the wifi built in.

Old 10-19-14, 09:09 AM
L
The Honeywell website claims that the Prestige 2.0 has wifi but I can find nothing in the documentation which supports this.

From the Honeywell Page:
"Prestige« 2.0 Comfort System - Connects to the Internet, displays Outdoor Conditions and offers Portable Comfort Control"

Prestige 2.0« | 7-Day Programmable Thermostat | Prestige┬« Comfort System

Old 10-19-14, 12:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
The R in the middle of the model number indicates it is part of the Redlink line. The Redlink line requires an internet gateway for internet control.

Their WiFi stat does not require a gateway but it does not offer as many options as the Redlink line.

Old 10-20-14, 04:24 AM
L
Thanks again! So it looks like (despite the Honeywell online literature) that none of the Prestige RedLink models (even the new ones) have built in internet access, thus forcing the purchase of the Internet Gateway.

You would assume that Honeywell's 'premier line' would have this especially with Nest and all the rest of the other competitors. Oh well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: