Changing to Honeywell wireless stats using a zone controller?

Old 11-06-14, 11:09 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changing to Honeywell wireless stats using a zone controller?

Hi everybody:

We have a small zone controller in our office area that controls three different areas of the office. The stats are connected to an Aprilaire zone control module. I'm checking to see if we have the needed terminals to connect a wifi thermostat which requires the common wire. Here are a few pictures of the zone control module:

Name:  wires.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  36.1 KBName:  terminals.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  35.1 KB

I'm not sure if I can attach the common wire to any of these terminals, as there isn't one specifically designated for "C". There is also a 24V connection coming onto the panel for power. Could the C wires go here? Not sure what voltage the stats require.

If none of these are possibilities, can we use a transformer to provide power to the stats and put it adjacent to the zone control module and wire the "C" wires into the transformer? I'd have to know what size transformer to get to provide power to 3 stats.

Thanks for the help!

Old 11-06-14, 12:11 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can attach the common wire for the wifi thermostat to the terminal marked COM below the N.C. and N.O. terminals (right side of photos).

Old 11-06-14, 06:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
I agree with Firedawg...

Name:  Aprilaire 6303.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  44.5 KB

If you post the model number of your aprilaire controller we can view the manual for that 4 zone control.

Old 11-10-14, 07:44 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks to you both for the help! We have a model 6404 zone control module. Tried to upload the diagram that's on the panel but the forum won't let me post the image for whatever reason. It looks very similar to the one you posted above, Houston.

My understanding is that we would put the common wire for the stats into the COM terminal (along with the damper wire that's already there) for each zone where we have a stat. I know that it's a low voltage connection, but want to make sure that the transformer will handle the additional draw for three stats without any issues.

Many thanks again!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: