New tstat, A/C runs on both heat and cool settings

Old 11-19-14, 02:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New tstat, A/C runs on both heat and cool settings

Hello all,

I bought a Hunter 44157 programmable tstat to replace a White-Rodgers 59-4409 0327 (looks like this [ATTACH=CONFIG]42036[/ATTACH]) digital non-programmable tstat. There are 4 wires: red, blue, white and green. My furnace is an Amana 95 air command gas furnace, and my A/C is a Amana Hi Efficiency 12.

The old tstat was wired as such: Red to RH (jumper to RC), white to W, blue to Y, and green to G. However, when I wired my new tstat up the same way (only difference is blue to Y1 rather than Y), it turns on the air conditioning on both heat and cool settings, and won't turn on the furnace. I can put the old tstat back on and it works fine.

I can't crack this one. Any ideas?

Attached Images  
Old 11-19-14, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Are you saying you have the blue wire going to Y1 on the new thermostat. That is for a heat pump. If you have a conventional air conditioner the blue wire needs to land on the Y terminal.

Here is a link to the manual: http://www.hunterfan.com/SupportDocu...uals/42708.pdf

Did you set the switches shown on pages 18 and 19?

Old 11-19-14, 08:10 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That did the trick! I had incorrectly assumed that since my old tstat had both a Y and O terminal, the Y/O terminal was for an O wire.

Thanks a lot!

Old 11-19-14, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
You are welcome! Glad to hear you got it to work properly and thanks for the update.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: