Getting C wire connection from furnace to Thermostat

Old 11-26-14, 03:36 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Getting C wire connection from furnace to Thermostat

Hello People,

I need some help with thermostat c-wire connection. I dont have much experience but I think this task, with some help, I will be able to pull it off. Pics attached.

I want to pull a c-wire from my furnace to thermostat, so, as to use electric/electronic components. Currently, c-wire is not connected at thermostat or furnace.

Looking at my furnace's board, I noticed two set of cables connecting to it. One runs to thermostat and another one goes out to condenser unit/compressor.

Cable that goes to compressor is connected to C and Y terminal.

Cable that goes to thermostat is connected to G, R, W and, Y terminal.

My question is that can I connect a wire from thermostat cable to C terminal, which is already connected to compressor cable?

Furnace cover says Trane XR90, if thats any help.

Attached Images  
Old 11-26-14, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum!! You can take one of the unused wires (blue is unused) wrapped around the bottom thermostat cable with the wires that are attached to the R, G, Y and etc. at the control board. Then connect that unused wire to the C terminal on the control board. Find the same color wire from the bundle at the thermostat and connect it to the C terminal on the thermostat. Make sure you have power turned off to the unit when you remove or connect wires.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: