Anyway to monitor a steam boiler remotely

Old 12-08-14, 12:28 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Anyway to monitor a steam boiler remotely

Hi:
I have a Burnham Independence boiler on my steam system which is connected to a Honeywell WiFi thermostat with a remote temperature sensor. My question is this...Is there anyway I can tell if my boiler is actually on while I'm away from the house? The software from Honeywell only shows if the TStat is calling for heat and not if the boiler is actually on.
Thanks

Old 12-08-14, 12:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,505 Votes on 1,393 Posts
The software should show you actual room temperature..... no ?
That's all you need to know.

Old 12-08-14, 12:56 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes it does show the room temp after a period of time. I would like to know in real time whether the boiler is actually on and not after the tenants complain for lack of heat. Just asking...

Old 12-08-14, 01:21 PM
Received 91 Votes on 86 Posts
There are options out there but they are pretty pricey,Google boiler wifi monitoring,I use the wifi Tstat to monitor my boiler and it seems to be fine,how ever it seems you may want to know sooner that waiting for a low temp alarm in the space.
Geo

Old 12-08-14, 04:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Is the boiler connected to air handlers?
I have had customers call when the return air to supply air temperature differential was too great or too low.

You can configure the over or under temperature difference and the amount of time before an alarm is sent to your email address with the Honeywell Prestige IAQ.

The engineering department cranked up the boiler to 170 degree water and the stat recommended checking for low airflow, possibly caused by a worn belt. I had to reconfigure alarm perimeters.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: