Aprilaire Model 60, TCONT802 and Outdoor Temp Sensor Questions

Old 01-18-15, 06:52 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire Model 60, TCONT802 and Outdoor Temp Sensor Questions

Hey guys,

Just finishing up the install of my new Aprilaire 700a humidifier, now its time for the Model 60 automatic digital humidifier control wiring. The instructions seem pretty straight forward, but I do have a couple of questions.

First, currently there is a green wire connecting the G terminal on my TCONT802AS32DAA thermostat to the G terminal on my TUH2C 100A9V4VAA Trane Furnace. The Model 60 wiring diagram shows a wire from the Model 60 Digital control directly to the TCONT802 thermostat, and another from the Model 60 directly to the Furnace. Im assuming I will need to remove the existing direct connection between the 802 and the Furnace?

Second, the Model 60 Digital control came with an outdoor sensor so that it may accurately adjust the indoor humidity levels according to the outdoor temperature. I'm curious if I could also use this same sensor and run a pair of wires up to terminals S1 and S2, to view the outdoor temperature on my TCONT802? I enabled the outdoor temp to display only via the installer menu, and connected the Aprilaire sensor to the 802 and it seems to be showing an accurate temp. I just want to make sure it won't effect the resistance or anything having both the 802 and the Model 60 connected, causing incorrect temperature readings.

As always, thanks in advance!

Old 01-18-15, 08:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,523 Votes on 1,406 Posts
Hey.....

I don't believe in allowing the humidistat to bring the blower fan on to increase humidity. There is not enough transfer of humidity with the cool air to make it cost effective. The following diagram is how I install all my humidifiers with the 60 h'stat.

Name:  700A humidifier.jpg
Views: 3845
Size:  30.6 KB

As far as the temperature sensor... you cannot split one sensor to run the two units. The humidistat requires its own sensor as well as the thermostat.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: