Wireless Thermostat to replace wired?

Old 03-17-15, 06:40 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wireless Thermostat to replace wired?

I have a room where it is inconvenient to run wires to where I would like to move the thermostat. Currently it is on a wall with two wires running to the hot water oil boiler relay panel. That panel is a zone control for the various zones.

I would simply like to remove the current thermostat, replace with with a receiver unit and have a sender, programmable or not, which I could place anywhere in the room.

Does such a thing exist?

Old 03-17-15, 07:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
The Honeywell TH8110R1008 thermostat can mount on the wall where your existing stat is located and a REM5000R1001 can be paired to it and located in another room.

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-TH81..._bxgy_hi_img_z

Honeywell REM5000R1001 Portable Comfort Control - Programmable Household Thermostats - Amazon.com

The TH8110R1008 can run off of batteries to control your 2 wires or you can plug a transformer in a wall receptacle and run 24 volts the the Rc and C terminals. Remove the jumper between R and Rc and connect the 2 boiler wires to R and W.

Name:  Honeywell TH8320R with external transformer n boiler.jpg
Views: 3515
Size:  34.9 KB

http://www.amazon.com/Elk-TRG2440-24...AC+transformer

Last edited by Houston204; 03-17-15 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-21-15, 06:09 PM
B
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The Honeywell Prestige 2 IAQ thermostat is by no means a cheap thermostat but it will do what you're asking.

It is no doubt one of the top line thermostats, and you can accomplish your goal in 2 different ways with it. First, it requires only 2 wires (your 24 volts) and that can be fed by the transformer at your furnace or simply by a plug in wall transformer. All other wires are connected to a module located at the furnace and the thermostat communicates with the module wirelessly.

You can also leave the IAQ in the location you prefer and use an add on wireless remote sensor.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: