Need help with new Honeywell wiring

Old 03-18-15, 05:43 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with new Honeywell wiring

I have a gas boiler with hot water baseboard heating. I have two Lux 500 digital thermostats right now. I only have two wires going to each. Red going to RH and white goes to W. There is a jumper between RH and RC. I just bought a Honeywell RTH7600D touchscreen thermostat. It says on the box it is battery operate so am I correct in assuming I wire it up exactly like my current thermostats? Red to RH, white to W and jumper from RH to RC?

Also, for the life of me I cannot find the breaker for my boiler to shut it off. It wouldn't be in a different location than my main box would it? Could I just use the emergency shut off at the top of my basement stairs?

Old 03-18-15, 05:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
You are correct.... the wiring is the same.

The breaker could be in a subpanel or just not labeled correctly.
You can shut your power off to your boiler using the service switch.

Old 03-18-15, 06:12 PM
H
Thanks PJ.

I may need my wife to help me figure out which breaker it is. None of them are labeled. I'll have her shut one off while I listen for the boiler to shut off. I don't have many large amp breakers. I need to label them anyway.

Old 03-18-15, 06:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,051 Upvotes on 3,634 Posts
It wouldn't necessarily be on a large breaker. Most furnaces/boilers are normally on a 15A dedicated breaker.

Old 03-18-15, 07:16 PM
H
Oh wow I thought it would have been at least 30A. Good to know. Should be easy to find. Thanks

Just installed the thermostat. Took less than 10 minutes and works great. The 7 day programming is really nice. I work from home two days a week so the 5-2 or even 5-1-1 thermostats couldn't work with my schedule.

This one may be overkill. I only have a boiler with two zones. No AC or fan. I really paid the extra $20 for the looks of the touchscreen. I'm slowly starting to stage my place to sell it. Not that people buy a place because of a touchscreen thermostat. It just looks more modern than even the newer non touchscreen ones.

Old 03-18-15, 09:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 95 Upvotes on 88 Posts
Did you set function 170 to 5?

Page 16 of the manual or 18 of the pdf...
https://customer.honeywell.com/resou.../69-2206ES.pdf

Old 03-19-15, 06:11 AM
H
I just did. I was trying to figure out how to do that last night. I could have sworn I read through the entire manual. I guess I missed it. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: