Q's for you Prestige IAQ geeks ;)

Old 03-29-15, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Q's for you Prestige IAQ geeks ;)

Got my new dual stage furnace installed along with the Prestige IAQ 2.0 yesterday and I have a few questions.

What is the purpose of 3021 - "Finish with High Stage Heat"?

How does one set 3260 - "Extended Fan Run Times in Heat" when the furnace has a minimum 90 seconds built in (can do 90-120-150-180)?

Is the a screen to monitor the Delta T sensors during the regular run cycle?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I play with this thing, but thats it for now...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-15, 05:38 PM
3021 forces the furnace to continue with the high stage until the heat demand is done, as opposed to dropping back into low stage shortly before the end of the heat demand and continue running. In other words, if 3021 is off then furnace will throttle back and forth between high and low until heat demand is met. If on then when a high stage is called for it will stay that way until heat demand is met and will not throttle back to low.

3260;
You shouldn't need this if your furnace has its own delay. Set it to 0

There is no screen for Delta T in regular run mode. You must be in diagnostic mode

Old 03-29-15, 06:28 PM
Cool. Any thoughts or recommendations 3021?

So I take it the only way to see delta T via the "Equipment Test: Heating" screen, nothing "real time" so to speak even in diagnostic mode...

Thanks

Old 03-29-15, 06:50 PM
You'll have to play with 3021. I have it off which makes for longer running times. Never tried it on... suppose I should one day.

No Delta T in real time.
Once you set your delta T high and low limits though, you will get alerts should those limits get crossed.
Delta T will also be noted in the performance logs.

Old 04-01-15, 07:37 PM
New question. With an additional indoor temperature sensor, is there a way to view its temperature?

Old 04-01-15, 08:19 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
You can see the temperature and the humidity of a remote wireless sensor as well as adjust calibration of temperature and humidity.

Old 04-01-15, 09:01 PM
New question. With an additional indoor temperature sensor, is there a way to view its temperature?
It depends on how you have it set up.
You can choose to use one or all of your indoors sensors and the temperature reading is displayed right on the front screen.

However, if you use ALL of your indoor sensors the display temperature will be the AVERAGE of all of them and not specifically any single sensor. So, if you are using multiple sensors then you will have to go into setup and temporarily single out the sensor in question to get a reading on it.

Humidity can be chosen and displayed... but from only one sensor, not multiple ones.

Old 04-01-15, 09:48 PM
So if I understand correctly, I would have to go into the installer options and set 5040 to use the remote sensor for temperature control, then back out to the main screen to see it?

Not as convenient as I had hoped. Wish I could just leave them averaged and sneak a peak at that sensor on occasion...

EDIT: Honeywell should add a screen under installer options that shows the status of all sensors and contacts "real time"

Last edited by Sean McCarthy; 04-01-15 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 11:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have seen a remote indoor sensor paired with a Honeywell Redlink stat but the stat configured to use the internal sensor. The homeowner called stating that they were still cold in the winter.

I add sensors with Wireless Device Manager, but configure with Create/Setup to control which sensor is used for humidity and if I want averaging. If the stat is at the top of a stairway I usually just use the remote sensor. If I have 2 remote sensors, I use averaging, but you can average using the internal sensor and a remote sensor.

My biggest gripe about the Honeywell Prestige IAQ is that you cannot configure it to lock out the compressor in low ambient conditions.

If this is possible with it configured for dual fuel they should write a software update to allow this when configured for conventional cooling.

This can be a problem if you configure the stat to overcool for dehumidification.

I guess I'll have to look into a head pressure control, or a stone age screw on a mechanical outdoor thermostat to lockout the compressor.

Last edited by Houston204; 04-01-15 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-02-15, 05:03 AM
My biggest gripe about the Honeywell Prestige IAQ is that you cannot configure it to lock out the compressor in low ambient conditions.
Sure you can.
3120... compressor lockout/balance point. The lowest you can go is 5 degrees though which I think is a bit silly. The high efficiency HP's are still punching out a reasonable amount of heat below that. The Goodman 4 ton 16 seer for example is still punching out about 15,000 btu at -10 with a cop of 1.68. Why would you want to lock that out at +5?

Old 04-02-15, 11:26 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I couldn't do it so I called my Honeywell rep. He also assured me that you could but he checked with tech support and informed me that you cannot unless you configure for heat pump operation.

It seems like a simple update can correct this. My rep told me that he would pass my suggestion on to them.

I will check again when I get home.

Old 04-02-15, 05:54 PM
Yeah. Either way I'm not thrilled with the compressor lockout set up on the IAQ.

I'm installing a heat pump at my place later this Summer. I'd like to have the choice to lock it out at closer to -10 so I'll use one of these little guys for the compressor lockout instead:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48810[/ATTACH]

You can pick them up pretty cheap on ebay and they come in 12dc models as well as 120 and 240 vac

220V STC 1000 ALL Purpose Digital Temperature Controller Thermostat W Sensor | eBay

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-15, 06:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Looks good and a great price.
Have you used one before?

What about size and reliability?

Does it get installed in the condenser?
Does it have good reviews?

A head pressure control is $100.
I suspect that a fan cycler is less than $100.
I have used both but never worried about price since they were not for me.

Old 04-02-15, 08:30 PM
Never used one so this will be a first for me.

It's got a remote sensor so I plan to install at the air handler and feed the sensor out through the wall. I'll tap into the condenser low voltage control line.