Replace heating thermostat

Old 03-10-16, 03:21 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replace heating thermostat

Hi guys.

So, I've recently purchased a new property. It has a combo boiler, which provides hot water and the central heating. This seems to be working fine, however, the thermostat on the wall appears to be damaged.

It is a Sunvic thermostat, which I can tell from a marking on the inside. However, the LCD display is not working properly, so I cannot tell what temperature the heating is set at or anything... So, I was looking to replace the thermostat.

The thermostat is a wireless thermostat, and looking at the Sunvic site, it looks like it is probably the TLX 1010, as the wireless thermostat looks the same, and next to the boiler and controls, is a box similar to the receiver. Here's some pictures:

Name:  2016-03-10 07.52.14.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  11.5 KB
Name:  2016-03-10 07.52.33.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  36.5 KB
Name:  2016-03-10 07.52.59.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  16.1 KB

Am I right in thinking I can just purchase another of these, swap over the box in the wall (or keep it as a spare, can I pair the new thermostat with the old receiver) and then just put the new thermostat back on the wall?

Or, would I be better to swap to a different thermostat? Any given would be appreciated (as you can tell, not really knowledgable on this part).

All information gratefully received.

Many thanks,

David

Old 03-10-16, 03:34 AM
I'd switch it out with a new wifi tstat. Ones now have the latest technology can operate from your cell laptop, cell phone.

Old 03-10-16, 03:49 AM
L
Have you any examples of ones which would wire up in exactly the same way (i.e. for my thickness ease of use)? I would like a Nest style thermostat, but from what I seen, the nest isn't wireless, so won't be able to use that where the current thermostat is. The boiler and controls are in bedroom upstairs, so will be warmer than downstairs, where I would like the thermostat...

Cheers

Old 03-10-16, 04:53 AM
I just hooked up a Nest. wireless no/wifi yes. Can you run a wire from boiler to where you'd like the tstat to be? If not maybe you need wireless model. Your boiler is in the bedroom upstairs?

Old 03-10-16, 06:09 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
A Honeywell Redlink TH8110R thermostat with an EIM would be a good choice for a wireless low voltage application but that looks like a high voltage thermostat model number.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: