Lost Gateway connection

Old 05-27-16, 04:50 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Lost Gateway connection

Hello. I've had two THX9421R5021 thermostats working perfectly well with a Redlink Internet Gateway for a few years now. Today, neither thermostat can be controlled via the gateway. There was a very brief power outage (a flicker) last night around 11 pm, and the t-stats show that's when the thermostats lost communication. The logs also say the status is "restored", and I can see similar events in the past that didn't seem to cause the permanent communication problem I'm having now.

I'm convinced it's an issue with the gateway, since the problem is identical for both thermostats. I can access the gateway through the internet and even through some APIs used by other home automation systems, but the signals to the thermostats are never acknowledged and the settings on the stats never change in response to remote commands. The specific error message I see in the TCC portal is "The thermostat did not acknowledge the changes submitted at 5/27/2016 6:00:17 PM. Check your settings and resubmit."

The gateway has all three green lights on, and I've reset it several times but holding the connect button until the Redlink connection resets and it drops off of the list of wireless devices at both stats. Then I tried reconnecting everything...

I've removed and re-enrolled the gateway at the thermostats several times. Each time, it will find and recognize the gateway as a gateway, so there is some level of basic communication happening between the two. Just no ability to actually control the thermostats from the internet portal. I can also remove and then add back the gateway at the tstat itself with the same results...it will easily recognize the gateway, link to it, name it "gateway" and then add it to the list of connected devices...it just won't let me actually control it. Using the connect button at the EIM does the same thing. I even completely reset and reprogrammed one of the stats and it made no difference.

As I was writing this post and went to double-check something, I actually got it to work again for a few minutes, but now it's back to the same issue. I think what might have done it was that I actually started making changes on the stats themselves to see if this was just a one-way communication issue. I wanted to check if the portal would reflect changes made at the stats, and that's when it all started working again, but just for a few minutes. The GW and the EIMs are within a few feet of each other, so I don't think the issue is any type of range or interference issue.

Any ideas? Do these gateways sometimes get so unreliable like this?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier

Old 05-27-16, 05:52 PM
Received 158 Upvotes on 144 Posts
I would try contacting the mfg. tech support for the gateway and ask your questions

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: