Recommend a wireless (not wi-fi) thermostat?

Old 02-02-19, 01:51 PM
Received 54 Upvotes on 47 Posts
Recommend a wireless (not wi-fi) thermostat?

When I moved into my current house, I quickly realized the thermostats were mounted in the wrong places. (I have 2 zones, but that's not relevant to my question.) I needed the temperature sensors to be mobile and remote from the original termostat locations.

I found the Venstar wireless thermostat, which at the time was the only residential programmable wireless thermostat available. Bought 2 of them and installed them.

The wireless part works great. But the temperature control needs improvement. It's just not very accurate, resulting in temperatures out of the desired range. And it loses its mind occasionally and needs to be recalibrated.

So I'm looking for a replacement wireless thermostat. Searching for these is difficult because wi-fi thermostats swamp the search. I don't want wi-fi, just wireless.

Any recommendations based on personal experience?

Old 02-02-19, 08:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 94 Upvotes on 87 Posts
Have you looked into the Honeywell Redlink line of thermostats?

The Redlink line has some good options and I highly recommend Honeywell.

I have installed the TH8110R thermostat with a wireless sensor for customers to help solve issue like yours.

A Common wire is required at the thermostat to use wireless sensor(s).

You can install the thermostat in that odd location a pair it with on or 2 remote sensors that you can place in your room.

Some customers prefer not to have the sensor mounted to the wall.

If you prefer to have the thermostat able to be moved from room to room you can get a Honeywelll Redlink EIM and pair it to the thermostat. The thermostat can also be mounted to a wall in another room when it is paired with an EIM.

A Honeywell Redlink Portable Comfort Control can be used as a remote sensor. Another option with the PCC is to use it as a remote control for both thermostats.

The Honeywell Redlink line of thermostats will only give you internet access if you get an internet gateway so it is not a WiFi stat.

Old 02-03-19, 11:50 AM
Received 54 Upvotes on 47 Posts
Thanks, I'll check out the Honeywell.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: