G to C and condensate pump restarts thermostat

Old 03-17-19, 03:31 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
G to C and condensate pump restarts thermostat

Just discovered this forum looks like my list has grown, I have 4 wire t-stat wire and had to swap out my G to use with C to put in a wifi thermostat. Everything works except when the condensate pump comes on it restarts my thermostat. Could it be determined if there is there is an issue with the condensate pump, thermostat, or should I put in a separate power adapter for the thermostat?

Seperate question, I put in this thermostat a month ago its still winter and haven't used cooling yet, do I need to put a jumper from Y to G on the furnace board? I ask because I had an energy audit this weekend and disconnected the outside compressor, with cool setting on thermostat it didn't turn on the fan.

York Diamond 90 natural gas
Thermostat RTH9585WF1004

Name:  t1.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  105.2 KB

Name:  t2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  t3.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  39.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-17-19 at 06:13 PM. Reason: resized pictures
Old 03-17-19, 06:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Yes......you will need a jumper from Y to G at the furnace.
The condensate pump should only interrupt the safety circuit when it's overfull. It should not trip every time the pump runs.

The condensate pump is probably wired in the red R wire to the thermostat. You can move it to the Y circuit so that when it overfills it only interrupts the condenser line.

Old 03-17-19, 07:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
How long has it been since that pump was serviced?

I would remove the top portion of that condensate pump and clean out the pan. This cleaning should be performed once per year.

Old 03-18-19, 04:50 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I cleaned the pump yesterday which prompted me to figure this issue out and disconnected the wires to move it. When I reconnected the wires I may have put it in the right order and it hasn't restarted the thermostat since. I'll add a jumper and wait for it to warm up to test the cooling.

Old 03-19-19, 06:41 AM
Received 96 Votes on 89 Posts
Hi, if the pump tank was emptied it wouldn’t effect your system operation, only when the tank is full, if you disconnect one of the Red and Blue wires at the pump you will that the Tstat is off.

Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: