Mixing Redlink with Wifi thermostats - possible?

Old 11-11-20, 10:40 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mixing Redlink with Wifi thermostats - possible?

Hi - new member here. Trying a little project which I'd like to do myself. I recently purchased a home with 2 HVAC systems. The one upstairs uses Redlink with 3 zones using an HZ322 panel and a THM4000R wireless adapter that connects to 3 redlink thermostats (TH6320R1004). The system downstairs is just a standard single zone with a connected Honeywell thermostat (FocusPro programmable, no redlink or wifi).

I would like to find a way to control all thermostats (upstairs and downstairs) using my phone and remotely. Based on what I've read, i THINK i can do the following:

For upstairs: install a THM6000R Redlink internet gateway and connect it to the THM4000R wireless adapter. Use the Total Connect Comfort app to control the 3 thermostats

For downstairs: install a new WIFI honeywell thermostat (any suggestions?) and control that via the Total Connect app.

My concern: can i control upstairs and downstairs using the same app? Can the 3 redlink thermostats AND the 1 wifi thermostat all be recognized within the same app under the same account? I considered getting a Nest for downstairs (since i'm used to that in my old house) - but given the limitations of my upstairs setup - i'm forced to use Honeywell - so I would rather just use the same thing for the whole house.

Thanks in advance for any help from the forum!

Old 11-12-20, 09:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,347 Votes on 1,245 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That is not my specialty area. It would be my forum partner Houston's.
I'll drop him a PM and see if he can help you out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: