Carrier Infinity thermostat malfunction

Old 12-27-20, 06:54 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Infinity thermostat malfunction

I have a Carrier Infinity Thermostat that is giving me the "System Malfunction Call Technician" code when turn on the heater. It runs for about 10 minutes and then shows me this code. I live in Florida and don't use this feature very much.
The AC is working fine (yes I have used it in the past two weeks). I'm very handy just not sure what the problem might be.
The heater is gas.
I pushed the side button for three seconds and it said "Event Limit" and "Event Fault".
Thanks in advance for your help.
By the way, this is Michael's wife not Michael. I'm sure he would have worded this question much more professionally.
And he is the handy one not me!

Old 12-27-20, 12:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,344 Votes on 1,242 Posts
Welcome to the forums Michael's wife

I moved you to your own thread in the thermostat forum.
Not real familiar with that system. You're getting that warning in heat mode.
Is the heat working correctly.... or to rephrase that... are you getting heat ?

Old 12-28-20, 08:32 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi Pete,
Thank you for your help and the welcome. Yes it heats for about 15 minutes or less then shuts off and gives us the "System Error Call a Technician". As a rule, Michael can figure out and fix just about anything, he's just built that way and he is an electrical engineer which helps. Since we don't really consider the heat "essential" here in central Florida, and he is currently outside using a backhoe to dig a long swale in our property, I am the one trying to figure out the problem. I did see a post in another thread specific to the Carrier Infinity system though. Thanks for any help you can give. By the way, my name is Sandi.

Last edited by Michaelgm; 12-28-20 at 08:50 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: