3rd gen nest - Taco 570

Old 03-13-22, 05:28 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
3rd gen nest - Taco 570

Hi All,

I"m having a similar issue. I have two 3rd gen nest thermostats controlling a Taco Zone Sentry Valve and Taco 570 Zone Valve.

It appears the thermostat connected to the Zone Sentry is able to steal enough power to do well (although it has only been 48 hours) but the thermostat connected to the 570 keeps going low battery and disconnecting from wifi. The thermostat connected to the 570 is also further from the wifi base, which may contribute to it working harder and draining battery as well.

I've purchased a google nest power connector but the wiring is without a control panel and I'm unclear on where to place it within the circuit. We just purchased the house and the wiring is a bit messy. It does go out and connect to the TT. To confuse things a little more, it appears the previous owners had a third zone controlled by a 570 but have disconnected and capped the plumbing. I've included some detailed pictures to see if this is easy and I'm just missing something.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Nate ​​​​​​​

Old 03-13-22, 08:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,953 Votes on 2,664 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Too many posters in the thread you posted in. Too much confusion.

Ok.... the wiring is always the same. Those valves have three terminals.
Which valve are we working on...... A or B ?
The top terminal 1 wire is a thermostat wire..... W.
Find the other thermostat wire...... that is R.
Terminal 2 on the valve is C.

So...... disconnect your two thermostat wires from where they are currently connected and connect them to the dark gray adapter wires. Polarity not important.

Connect the three light gray wires as labeled above.

TheMonkeys voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: