Professional Grade WiFi Thermostat?

Old 03-29-22, 12:14 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Professional Grade WiFi Thermostat?

Hey Guys, I have tried several wifi thermostats and found they are more trouble than they are worth. The models I tried will lose connection to wifi or the cloud and not automatically reconnect. Or they malfunction are require a reboot, reset. I end up going back to my old manual thermostat.

Is there a professional grade model I can buy that is bullet proof. I have fiber internet, new router and 5 bars strength in every room.

Thank you

Popular Reply

08-17-22, 10:28 PM
Nortonics
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I LOVE my recently installed Honeywell Prestige IAQ stat with the EIM. It relies on Honeywell's REDLink RF communication rather than WiFi, and it's proven bulletproof in my 3 story, close to 5000 sq. ft. home. The REDLink gateway connects to my router via an Ethernet cable, but all other communication between the components relies on the Honeywell REDLink RF standard which is more robust than WiFi. It's definitely more expensive than most (about $300), and is definitely more complex to install and configure than most. I chose it because it integrates heating, cooling, humidifying and air exchanger all under one hood (can even integrate dehumidifying too), and allows remote access via PC or smartphone worldwide via Honeywell's mytotalconnectcomfort web portal, which has proven bulletproof as well. Just a word of caution - it is probably one of the most complex stat's to install into a home environment when integrating all air quality components like I did - it really requires full understanding of all your gear in order to do it right. Pete (PJmax) here on the forum helped keep me on the straight & narrow when I installed mine . Honeywell Prestige IAQ Kit YTHX9421R7001WW - good stuff.

Old 03-29-22, 12:24 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,954 Votes on 2,665 Posts
I don't know about a commercial wifi stat.
That would probably be something in the Honeywell line with a Redlink connection.

I deal mostly with the Ecobee thermostat and haven't any problems to speak of.

Old 03-30-22, 01:16 PM
Received 154 Votes on 140 Posts
Hi, I have several Honeywell RTH series Stat’s and never had an issue, if you are loosing WiFi connection no thermostat will work correctly. One other thing, is the stat set for 2.4 or 5 G ? , is your network set the same?
Geo🇺🇸

Old 03-30-22, 03:07 PM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,165 Votes on 1,123 Posts
What brands and models have you tried? I have a lousy internet connection in my house and it often disconnects the thermostat but I am pretty sure the thermostat is not my weak link.

Old 08-17-22, 10:28 PM
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
I LOVE my recently installed Honeywell Prestige IAQ stat with the EIM. It relies on Honeywell's REDLink RF communication rather than WiFi, and it's proven bulletproof in my 3 story, close to 5000 sq. ft. home. The REDLink gateway connects to my router via an Ethernet cable, but all other communication between the components relies on the Honeywell REDLink RF standard which is more robust than WiFi. It's definitely more expensive than most (about $300), and is definitely more complex to install and configure than most. I chose it because it integrates heating, cooling, humidifying and air exchanger all under one hood (can even integrate dehumidifying too), and allows remote access via PC or smartphone worldwide via Honeywell's mytotalconnectcomfort web portal, which has proven bulletproof as well. Just a word of caution - it is probably one of the most complex stat's to install into a home environment when integrating all air quality components like I did - it really requires full understanding of all your gear in order to do it right. Pete (PJmax) here on the forum helped keep me on the straight & narrow when I installed mine . Honeywell Prestige IAQ Kit YTHX9421R7001WW - good stuff.

Houston204, PJmax voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: