C wire from Goodman air handler

Old 04-24-22, 01:52 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
C wire from Goodman air handler

Hello! I'm trying to get my second Ecobee 3 Lite installed and ran into a few issues. The stat I'm replacing goes to both a hydronic boiler for heat and a Goodman ARUF024-00A-1 air handler in the attic to a Goodman CKL24-1K AC condenser outside. The panel on the air handler is stuck on the bottom against a brace (hanging from rafters) so I couldn't get it open. If needed I'll have to try a little harder but the space it's in is a bit cramped. However, the thermostat wires are terminated outside the unit. There is a 40VA transformer as well which I got a peek of pulling the panel back a little.

The wiring I found was not typical from the research I did so could use a little help. Attached is a pic of what I found. Would I be able to connect the C wire for the Ecobee via the blue line in the pic? Or, do I need to try to get that panel open on the air handler? Thanks!

Last edited by PJmax; 04-24-22 at 02:11 PM. Reason: labeled last picture
Old 04-24-22, 02:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,967 Votes on 2,677 Posts
Blue is common with Goodman. Not sure where you are getting gray.
Possibly the installer connected a gray wire from a multi cable to blue.

Old 04-24-22, 04:09 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks again PJmax! I connected the thermostat's blue C-wire to the gray/red with a Wago 221. The Ecobee is now up working. Tested good for both heat and A/C!

I have two more to do in the coming weeks. One I have to run new wire and the other will need to be wired to a Carrier A/C and air handler. Fun times

Old 04-24-22, 11:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,967 Votes on 2,677 Posts
Good job. We'll be here if you need further help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: