Tip - Honeywell RedLINK gateway - RedLINK LED stays red

Old 08-04-22, 12:29 AM
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
Tip - Honeywell RedLINK gateway - RedLINK LED stays red

Yesterday I updated the software (from software revision 05.00.00.00 to 05.04.04.00) of my Honeywell Prestige thermostat (THX9421). Today I realized I couldn't connect to and control my thermostat remotely using the https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/ website or smartphone app. Checking my RedLINK gateway I found the REDLINK LED illuminated red, meaning the gateway could not connect to the thermostat.

Tried many things to correct the issue to no avail. Power cycle the gateway. Remove the gateway from the thermostat configuration and re-add it. Factory reset the thermostat and reprogram it from scratch. Nothing was working. I could not get that REDLINK LED to stop being red.

So I took a hint about reattaching the EIM to the thermostat after a factory reset where the CONNECT button on the EIM must be pressed and held for 10 seconds to remove its previous configuration, then the thermostat will be able to re-attach to it.

So I went to my gateway and held its connect button for 10 seconds, and finally the red REDLINK LED went blank/non-illuminated. Went to the thermostat and re-added the gateway. The gateway REDLINK LED turned green. Gateway now communicates properly with the thermostat again, allowing remote internet access once again.

This is the second irritating thing I've figured out about this system that is not detailed in any instructions or anywhere that I've looked on the internet. Hoping this can save others from some pain.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: