New wifi stat on aquastat

Old 09-30-22, 12:14 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New wifi stat on aquastat

Hello PJ Max,

I have same setup for my new home. I replaced two of the old thermostat with google nest(mirrorfaced) thermostat which is showing n260 error. is there any way I can add nest power connector near taco valve or aquastat relay which could solve nest power issue without running c wire? as I have only two wires going up to thermostat with no spare wire.

do I need three separate google nest power connector ? or one nest power connector would work ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Moved to it's own thread and separated from: Install WiFi Thermostats with Aquastat relay and 3-taco zones

Last edited by PJmax; 09-30-22 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-30-22, 04:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,183 Likes on 2,858 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

In order to reduce confusion I try to put each job in its own thread.
Each thermostat needs its own adapter.

As I wrote in that other thread..... three zone valves on an aquastat is running close to max.
I can give you the wiring but if you cook the transformer you'd need to replace the aquastat and they run $200 and up. It's much more cost effective (in the long run) to install a separate transformer as they only run $25-35.

To wire the adapter as your system is currently wired.
There is no polarity to the thermostat.

Old 09-30-22, 05:24 PM
D
Thank you very much PJMax. I understood from the other thread i might also need extra transformer to avoid overloading existing aquastat. I will try the setup you sent for now with one nest and update here.

I would also appreciate if you can guide me setting up extra transformer. When I add extra transformer, is there anyway I can use one nest power connector across all three thermostat(i am planing to replace 3rd old thermostat soon with nest)?

Old 09-30-22, 05:50 PM
Group Moderator
No.... each nest thermostat needs it's own adapter.
There is a resistor inside the adapter that controls the charging rate.
Each nest charges at a different rate.

Your only other choice is three wires to the nest and no adapter would be needed.

Old 10-02-22, 06:08 PM
D
Thanks for clarification.
My one nest power connector delivery is running late. So couldn’t try with nest power connector yet.

one strange thing i have noticed while measuring voltages using multimeter. line input from circuit breaker to aquastat it was around 210v and aquastat transformer output was around 50v(B3 to Z/W). Is this normal ? or I am measuring it incorrectly with multimeter.

Old 10-03-22, 02:40 AM
Group Moderator
L1 to L2 should be 120vAC
The B (burner) wiring is not usually referenced to low voltage.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: