Remove sliding shower doors

Old 01-02-00, 03:30 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

How can I remove my sliding glass shower doors from my fiberglass tub? They are screwed on and calked (glued?). I want to go to a shower curtain format. Help!

Old 01-02-00, 08:19 AM
Visiting Guest
Kristy:
Yes, you can remove them. Should take you about 15 minutes. Just take out the screws,and scribe a cut line with a knife along the calk line and they will come out fairly easy. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 01-02-00, 07:05 PM
Visiting Guest
Kristy:

Just adding to what Jack posted. You will probably find some caulk residue on the tub and walls once the frame has been removed. I recently did this and found a razor blade scraper made fast work of the left over goop.

------------------
Anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us :-)

Old 04-18-05, 09:04 AM
Ronnie
Visiting Guest
Shower Doors

We are in the middle of removing ours BUT the bottom part...glued to tub will not losen any ideas? We do plan on putting them back up over our new tub. Waiting here for answer! Thanks

Old 04-15-08, 09:43 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Did anyone ever answer the question about the stubborn bottom track of the shower doors? We are in the middle of a re-installation of our doors and I need to know the easiest and best way to remove old adhesive from the side tracks as well as the removal of the bottom track.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: