Anti Scalding Device Options


Old 05-19-04, 08:50 AM
Iggy's Avatar
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern California
Posts: 29
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Anti Scalding Device Options

On my addition the building inspector indicated the need to change the two handle mixing valve to a "anti scalding pressure balance type". In speaking with him today, he indicated there may be a device I can install in the riser between the mixing valve and the shower head, without changing out the valve and reworking all that copper. I chose the two handle valve to coordinate with the separate tub and vanity valves, rather than go with a single handle mixer valve.

My Questions: Is there such a device that can be installed in the riser between the mixer valve and shower head? If so, where can I find it? Are there any negatives in choosing this option over the single handle valve? Thanks, Iggy.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-04, 07:04 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,523
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am sure that there is something like you describe, but I would opt for a single handle pressure balanced valve.

Reason: You want to have access to this assembly in order to maintain its functionality.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: