Loud Toilets

Old 06-06-04, 07:13 PM
dlynnbrehm
Visiting Guest
Question Loud Toilets

I have three toilets in my house that make loud filling or adjusting noises every few minutes...they take turns. Seems like one of them is always cutting in and out and sometimes it's with such pressure that the toilet or pipes actually vibrate. We have to sleep with the bathroom doors closed at night because it's so loud. Is this normal? We've had two other houses and never had this problem. We are on a well and septic system now, though. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Old 06-06-04, 10:36 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check the innards of the toilets. Most likely you have a slow leak from the tank into the bowl of the toilet. As the water level drops the ball**** periodically turns back on to "top off" the tank to the full level. You probably just need a new flapper.

Old 06-07-04, 01:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Replace the toilet tank water inlet valves with Fluidmaster 400A float-cup types (about $7-$8 bucks each). Just follow the directions that come with them.
Replace the flappers. Clean the flapper seats with steel wool or SOS pad. Shorten the new chain to where it just allows the flapper to seal fully.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 06-09-04, 09:55 AM
dlynnbrehm
Visiting Guest
Thanks!!! I'll try it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: