Kohler Coralais Faucet - Low Pressure?

Old 06-20-04, 05:04 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kohler Coralais Faucet - Low Pressure?

New Kohler kitchen faucet installed in January. Overnight, the pressure dropped -- but not when using the spray (same handle) -- just the stream. It surges a little, and is "white" (aerated), then turns clear (no air) and about 1/2 the pressure as previously. I know nothing about plumbing. Nada. This was installed by a contractor, so I don't even know about the mechanics of the faucet. But I can see the cartridge, just can't figure out how to remove it to see if it's clogged/clean it out. Pressure in the rest of the house status quo...

Anyone? Thanks,
pieper

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-04, 04:28 PM
Check aerator on front of the spout

Old 06-21-04, 04:41 PM
P
Ron,

That was my first thought, but according to Kohler today, the cartridge is not removable/servicable, although they suggested soaking the pull-out head in vinegar. In the meantime, as soon as I described the symptoms to the rep, she told me they would send me a valve to correct the problem. She assured me even a dolt could replace it, so I have some chance! It should arrive in 3 days... will post back if it doesn't solve the problem. And I have to worry that I'm replacing parts on a 5 month old faucet already???

Thanks,
pieper

Old 06-21-04, 04:50 PM
A non-replaceable cartridge in a faucet, that a new one on me, I'd have to stay away for such faucets like that, they would turn into a nightmare if one needs to replace entire faucet to solve a problem, especially if it's going to be faulty in less then a years time.

Old 06-23-04, 06:17 AM
First off I'm assuming this is the Coralais with the pullout sprayer--not with the detached sprayer, is this correct?

I'm with the suggestion that P2K originally made. So did you try as he suggested and remove the aerator to see if it was plugged/clogged? It should have little indentations 180 degrees apart so you can get a grip with some pliers (but be sure to put a rag between the pliers and the aerator so you won't scratch the finish [of the aerator--not the pliers ]).

If that doesn't fix it, there is a screen where the hose connects to the sprayer. Just pull out the sprayer a bit and unscrew the hose where it attaches to the sprayer and you will see the screen. Remove it & clean it. And check out the restrictor that should be right there in the base of the sprayer. (But IMHO if there was a clog here then probably the pressure coming out of the sprayer would be low as well.)

Anyway, let us know what you find out!

Old 06-24-04, 06:45 PM
Chapol-99
Visiting Guest
Repair Clinic

I found a web site, RepairClinic.com (I think), and you can get almost any parts you need there. If you search for the faucet you have, you might be able to get information on how to replace a cartridge there, online. On the other hand Kohler should send the replacement for free (best price for me!).