Problems with new Moen faucet

Old 07-10-04, 09:53 AM
Vendguy
Visiting Guest
Problems with new Moen faucet

Hello
I paid one of those "friend of a friend" guys to put a new sink and moen faucet in my kitchen. Its a moen that has the pull out spout, and you just push the handle to the left for hot, and to the right for cold. Here are my problems. When I push the handle to the left, I get cold water instead of hot, and the handle only moves about 45 degrees. When I push to the right, I get hot instead of cold, and the handle moves just over 90 degrees. I can't get the guy to come back out and fix it, so hopefully it's something a do-it-yourselfer can do with a little help. Would appreciate any instructions.

Old 07-10-04, 10:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
2 probable causes for what you have. He crossed the supply connections which is not likely as that would take some doing. #2 he installed the faucet backwards (180 degees). If you paid him, I would INSIST he come cure the problem. You could change it but you paid to have the work done. And I would talk to friend #1 about his friend. Good luck and post back.

Old 07-11-04, 05:24 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This happens frequently with Moen faucets. You need to reverse the sides for Hot and Cold water. First remove the handle, Next, rotate cartridge stem exactly 180 degrees and replace the handle.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: