Aquaglass tub/surround 2 piece HELP PLEASE!

Old 08-08-04, 07:28 AM
Geri Barker
Visiting Guest
Aquaglass tub/surround 2 piece HELP PLEASE!

We are installing an Aquaglass 2-piece tub/surround fiberglass unit. The leveling board on the bottom is tapered toward the front [drainhole end] is this normal? Or is it because they just used a crappy board? Do we need supports for the tub flange? If so, any tips oh how to do this since there are clumps of fiberglass under the tub flange & since it & the surround are bolted together a board under the length of the flange must have holes cut into it where the bolts are. Since it has three boards--the level board & 2 cross supports do we still need mortar or sand to support the bottom of the tub? According to the directions we shim the unit under the level board, dismantle, caulk, reassemble, & screw the surround flange to the wall. If it's so simple why is this the third day of frustration??!!

Last edited by Geri Barker; 08-08-04 at 07:31 AM. Reason: add smilie
Old 08-08-04, 11:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you can, take a picture of your bottom of unit.

Always install mortar under the unit; this is a preventive measure to protect sagging down the road from repeated use.

Go to www.photobucket.com and load your image there and provide a link back to this thread.

Sometimes the boards installed under these units are wrong or improper, so I can't say what to do until I see your exact situation.

Old 08-08-04, 11:59 AM
Geri Barker
Visiting Guest
can't take pic right now--in screwy position & sitting on a bunched up shower curtain so can't see much. Have to run to lowes for plumbing parts--takes an hour to get there. I'll try for pic later.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: