Plumbers' wrench


Old 08-23-04, 08:35 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Plumbers' wrench

Trying to locate a wrench or a special type of pliers which would allow me to tighten or undo a nut at the top of a pipe where there is not too much space. I can picture an offset socket wrench on a vertical post which has a cutout to allow for the pipe or a pair of pliers similar to that. What's the wrench called?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-04, 09:10 AM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,523
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You are describing a basin wrench, but how large of a nut are you trying to remove?
Old 08-23-04, 09:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Not too much more than 1/2"
Old 08-23-04, 11:44 AM
Mike Swearingen's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
A basin wrench should do it.
Old 08-24-04, 10:04 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
a basin wrench should do it fine,,if not, use a clawfoot wrench on a socket extension bar.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: