seeking smooth shutoff for kitchen sink

Old 08-23-04, 01:45 PM
D
dsw
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
seeking smooth shutoff for kitchen sink

i just installed a new sink in my kitchen and everything seems to work fine. however, i've noticed that when i shut off the faucet (single handle), the water doesn't stop immediately, but slows to a trickle, then stops (total process of a few seconds). any ideas on what's happening here? any ideas on how to get the faucet to shut off the water immediately?
thanks.

Old 08-23-04, 11:42 PM
If it is a Moen faucet, that is a trademark complaint from the 8750 series single handle Kitchen Sink Faucets.

Old 08-24-04, 10:01 AM
D
dsw
it is a moen single handle faucet! i guess there is no way we could have anticipated this. so we're stuck with this?

Old 08-24-04, 10:38 AM
Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and ask for technical service.

Is your faucet a new one or a old one?

I have installed many of these faucets, Moen isn't my preferred favorite, but this situation you describe is not a defect, just the way it is designed.

If the cartridge was bad, then it would continue to leak.

There is a backflowdevice in the upper part of the faucet that relieves the pressure in the manner you describe.

That valve is defective only if the water emits from the inside of faucet down to the base.

Now, in most cases, people have me replace the faucet by the time that backflow preventor fails due to cosmetics of the finish are old and doesn't look very good.

Moen is the only faucet that I am aware of that shuts off in this fashion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: