leaking faucet

Old 09-12-04, 07:48 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
leaking faucet

We have a manufactured home and have a leaking tub faucet. It started leaking a few days ago and if the cold water knob was turned tighter, it would shut off. However, yesterday it wouldn't stop no matter how tight the knob was turned-I now know not to overtighten. We pulled out the stem on the cold side, but we can't see where the washer is worn. The cold side is shut off, since we were unable to locate specific parts for manufactured home faucets, and the leak stopped. When I went to use the hot water this a.m., it leaked out of the side where the cold is. Does that mean that there is a problem with the stem parts on that side too, or is the whole faucet probably shot? If it is the whole faucet, does that mean that we have to go into the wall?! Please help!!!

Old 09-12-04, 08:16 AM
Can you see the seat that the washer seals against at the bottom of the faucet body?It could be scarred.A reseating tool is available at most home centers for less than $10.00.I would get a matching shape and size washer and try that first.I have a Lav faucet that leaks across like your tub faucet but it works so I am not going to replace it yet. Good luck and post back.

Old 09-13-04, 02:01 PM
B
broken stem

We have the parts now to fix the faucet-but the old stem broke off inside and we can't get it out. We've tried a special drill bit, but it won't grab the sides. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: