Diverter Problems

Old 09-14-04, 10:00 AM
bonniecronin
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Diverter Problems

Help!! I replaced the diverter in our shower/tub last year and am still having problems with water coming out of the faucet end when the diverter is up (when you are taking a shower). I took the diverter back to the plumbing store where I purchased it only to be told with this type of diverter, I would always have water coming out of the faucet end even with the diverter up for the shower.

My question is: Is this correct? Is there no way I can fix my diverter so that I do not have water coming out of the faucet while I am taking a shower?

I do not know the particular brand of diverter only that it is not a Moen nor is it a Delta. Here is a description of my shower/tub/diverter: The diverter is in the middle of the hot & cold water knobs. The diverter comes in two pieces. The first piece connects the diverter to your tub (it is a round cylinder about 2" long). The diverter has a piece of metal on the inside that when you pull the diverter up, this piece of metal covers the hole to the faucet and the water is suppose to go up to the shower. The diverter piece is about 3" in length. I hope this is enough information.

Old 09-14-04, 10:29 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
First off.....when the diverter is in the shower position there should be NO water coming out the spout (thats why it's called a diverter.Unless there is a way to adjust the part that blocks the water from the spout (in or out) then it looks like you are stuck with this situation. Would not shop where you bought this diverter though. Hope you can adjust it. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: