toilet bowl clogged/overflow problem

Old 10-11-04, 07:14 AM
laxrox
Visiting Guest
toilet bowl clogged/overflow problem

Last week I had a automatic lawn sprinker installed at the time the plumber removed an old water pressure/regulator (the water pressure was always very low).The water pressure is great now but not sure if this was a good thing to do or not. This morning the toilet must of been clogged and it overflowed but I never remember it coming up and over so much before the bathroom floor was covered with water and then I had drips from the ceiling below and water marks. Not sure it removing the regulator had anything to do with the amount of water overflowing or if it was just a big clog. Can a clog cause so much overflow? Does removing regulator ever cause problems?Maybe I should put a water regulator back on the water main? thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-04, 08:56 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the toilet was clogged either in the toilet trap or close to the toilet in the drainline then it could overflow. Did the water supplying the tank shut off when the flush was complete? If not, it could be that your pressure is now too high and you will need a regulator installed. The sprinkler system should have been installed before the regulator anyways. Old problem with low pressure could have been in the old regulator. You can buy an inexpensive pressure checking gauge and test your water pressure. Anything above 60# would probably have to be regulated. Good luck and post back.