Shower&Tub Faucet:Hot/cold water distribution

Old 10-14-04, 09:07 AM
elvia
Visiting Guest
Shower&Tub Faucet:Hot/cold water distribution

Recently when I turn on my shower, I have a problem with getting the appropriate distribution of hot/cold water through the shower head AND getting the temparature warm. Water from the *faucet* continues to POUR out (and it's very hot) yet cool water comes out of the shower head. The more hot I add, it does add a little warmth but increses the heat and pressure from the faucet --burning my toes!! Help!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-04, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the diverter has gone bad. The diverter is what you use to choose shower or tub direction for the water.Is your diverter on the tub spout (you called it the faucet) or is it located elsewhere? When you activate the diverter for the shower it closes off the spout.

Old 10-14-04, 11:08 PM
elvia
Visiting Guest
Thank you for responding! The diverter is not on the tub spout but is located between the hot and cold faucets. You have turn it about 180 degrees to switch between spout/shower. If it's a bad diverter, would I have to go through the wall or could I unscrew the faucet and replace? Thanks for your help.

Old 10-15-04, 12:16 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Turn off the water, remove the diverter from the tub side (noting its position), take it to the store and get one exactly like it, and replace it.
Good Luck!
Mike