Moving a Rough In Pipe

Old 11-25-04, 05:27 PM
Derrick
Visiting Guest
Question Moving a Rough In Pipe

In my basement, I have a rough in piping for the toilet, but it's about 2 inches from the concret wall, I have to move it out to be able to put in framing and in future a toilet. I am uncertain (but have an idea) of the way the pipe must run under the concret. Can anyone offer any suggestions or sites I can used to assist me. I certainly don't want to crack the pipe. Do I have to remove the concret in the total space (from where it is to where I want it moved). Can anyone give me an idea of how deep this pipe may go. My house is new, finished building in May 04.
Do I have to remove the pipe entirely, including where it is joined into the main draining for the sewage? Sorry for all the questions, I don't want to miss this up. I'm a very take it slow and do it right type guy.

Old 11-25-04, 09:25 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Derrick, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
Many questions about your rough in. Trying to understand why the pipe is 2 inches from wall. Are you SURE this piping was a toilet rough-in? Are all the ventlines installed? Lets say they are. Go to the link below and it will give you an idea of what you need for a toilet system. Click on or copy and paste. Good luck.

http://doityourself.com/baths/plumbtoilet.htm

Old 11-26-04, 07:43 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How big is the pipe that is 2" from the foundation wall? If it is a small pipe, it may be the vent, and the intent would be to frame a bathroom wall with this pipe within the wall. Do you have a flange on the floor for the toilet?(or at least a 3" or 4' pipe stub). It may be there but skimmed over by the cement floor installer. This is the first thing you need to locate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: