what else can be donetub barely draining.

Old 12-15-04, 04:41 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question what else can be donetub barely draining.

i think I have tried every drain cleaner including the one mentioned on this site
from home depot zep drain care

My tub nearly fills each time I take a shower we have taken the drain apart and opened it up from the floor below but nothing seems to work

does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the tub running properly again.

thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-04, 06:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Beb91
- as you said you have taken it apart underneath, I assume you can see where the tub pipe joins a bigger drain. Is there a cleanout visible anywhere in this length. If so, snake it here. In the event there isn't a cleanout, or for some reason you can't snake it, try get a stronger solution from your plumbing wholesaler, NOT a big box store. I use ZONK PLUS, from Sipco Ind. Delta, B.C. Canada. but it may not be available in US.Good luck with it.

Old 12-21-04, 03:25 PM
Chris71
Visiting Guest
What kind of drain plug do you use? If you use the kind that is mounted on the tub and flip up to plug the drain, remove it and see if that is causing the problem.

Chris

Old 12-21-04, 06:36 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hi. If you can acess the tub drain from below, remove the P trap. Place a bucket under the tub and have someone turn the water on to see how well that part of the system works.I clear about 75% of tub drains by removing hair from the tub shoe. I pull it out with long nose pliers.
Good Luck Woodbutcher