Kitchen faucet cam seal problem

Old 01-19-05, 08:57 PM
Yoyo1
Visiting Guest
Kitchen faucet cam seal problem

I have an older Peerless ball type, single handle kitchen faucet. I replaced the cam/seal to stop it from dribbling water under the cap assembly. I had to tighten the adjuster ring so much to stop it from leaking under the cap when I turn the faucet on that I could hardly move the handle at all. The Danco cam/seal was made for Delta/Peerless and looks the same as the old one. I ended up putting the old seal back in just so I can use it. What gives?

Old 01-19-05, 09:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You just need to replace the O-rings (cam, and barrel under the spout).
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 01-20-05, 06:33 PM
Yoyo1
Visiting Guest
O Rings

I replaced the O rings under the spout, cleaned the ball, and reassembled it with the new cam/seal. It still requires excessive force to move the handle if I adjust it to not leak when the faucet is turned on. The new cam/seal is supposed to make it easy, not hard to use, so what might the problem be?

Old 01-20-05, 06:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Replace the seats-and-springs.
Good luck!
Mike

Old 01-20-05, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Did you use FDA approved food grease to lube all moving parts?

Looks like clear silicone that never gels/hardens up that is an approved lubricant for faucets, valves, moving parts in plumbing that comes in contact with potable water.

This will fix your problem; in that camber assembly there is a plastic adjustable collar that can be turned counter-clockwise that holds that assembly. Tighten till you reach a comfortable setting to move the handle.

I stay away from all Danco faucet repair parts; OEM is your best bet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: