Moen Single Handle Tub/Shower Faucet

Old 01-19-05, 06:11 AM
Lazykinz
Visiting Guest
Question Moen Single Handle Tub/Shower Faucet

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove a Moen "Dialcet" single handle tub/shower faucet without the special cartridge tool?

I've got the plastic handle off but I can't get my needlenose pliers or screwdriver in there to remove the clip and I don't want to damage it because I'm not replacing it (hopefully), just repairing a leak behind it.

If I need a Moen cartridge remover tool, is there a special one just for tub/shower faucets or is it the same one as used in sink faucet removal?

Thanks
A.

Old 01-19-05, 09:10 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Location: langley, in sunny fraser valley, bc , near vancouver
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Lazykinz.
-There are so many Moen units it's hard to remember names. ALL Moen shower units go by a long #, embossed INSIDE the handle. Your clip is easy to remove, you just need longer, thinner pliers, or a strong tweezer. most big hardware/plumbing stores ( including HD ) have a Moen Repair Kit. Take your broken/worn piece and you will get a replacement free. If you can't find a store with the kit, try local plumbing wholesaler.

Do it Right - Do it once.

Old 01-20-05, 06:23 AM
Joellog
Visiting Guest
Free?

Hi Nomind,what do u mean free?Do they give a lifetime warranty?I just went thru an ordeal with a 1222 positemp,had to order kits from moen at $12.00 a pop.You can remove em,at home depot the replacement cartridge is 36.00 and comes with a plastic tool that you slide down the shaft and turn 45 degrees with a slip joint plier.I had sediment issues so I ordered the rebuilds instead of the 36 a pop,but if they are free I want a refund lol
Good Luck

Old 01-20-05, 06:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Below is the Moen Website. Click on it and go to Product Info and the Lifetime Warranty is explained. Good luck.

http://www.moen.com/

Old 01-21-05, 06:51 AM
Joellog
Visiting Guest
Thanx

Thanx I will check it out

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: