slop sink

Old 02-13-05, 04:17 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
slop sink

im going to be relocating my laundry room...i will be adding a slop sink to drain washing machine into,1 1/2 drain...the new location for the laundry room has my kitchen sink drain line <1 1/2 inch> running right below it ..im going to put in a y to connect the slop sink drain to the kitchen drain pipe...is it alright not to have a vent....the drain line is vented from the kitchen sink,and the y will be about 15 feet from the kitchen sink and about 5 feet from the main drain out to the sewer ...will i have a problem with the slop sink draining....thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-05, 04:53 AM
If you do not put a vent on the slop sink, it's very likely that when other fixtures are used, the trap on the sink will have the water sucked out and allow sewer gas to enter your home.
If it is legal in your area, you may want to install an Air Admittance Valve. These are easy to install and only require a Tee and a piece of pipe extended upwards behind the trap a couple feet. I have included a link to show you what they are and how they work. Good luck.

http://www.studor.com/index.htm

Old 02-14-05, 08:44 AM
L
would you know of an online source to purchase this type of vent...

Old 02-14-05, 08:49 AM
L
i found one on this forums store..it is made by aotley..it shows 2in,but the picture shows 1 1/2 inch so im going to order it,if it comes 2 inch ill reduce it somehow to fit a 1 1/2 tee...