Acrylic/Fiberglass Whirlpool Tub installed 9 3/4 years ago.

Old 02-19-05, 08:46 PM
Dredinit
Visiting Guest
Acrylic/Fiberglass Whirlpool Tub installed 9 3/4 years ago.

Hello All,
I installed an Acr/Flx Crane Whirlpool tub 9 3/4 years ago and the installation manual (which I have to this day and went over again to be sure that I didn't miss something in small print) never mentioned about setting the tub in mortor/thin set/joint compound. Also it came on built in wood runners fiberglassed to the tub bottom and a sheet of outside grade plywood fiberglassed to the runners.
I never paid much attention about the tub bottom flexing between the runners until I started using it more frequent (I'm remodeling the bathroom that I usually use). I would like to know if there is any product out there that I can use to firm up the underneath of the tub. I can get access by the removeable side door and a plumbing door in front of the tub. Is there a very dense curring polyurethane on the market? Any ideas folks?

Last edited by Dredinit; 02-19-05 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Title years incorrect.
Old 02-19-05, 09:54 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Any of the spray foams that are used in the insulation industry. There are spray pacs which can be purchased with a long wand.

Old 02-20-05, 07:12 AM
Dredinit
Visiting Guest
Thanks Snoonyb,
Any idea where I can get this with the long wand. Also I read at another site that using the polyurethane this way is like stepping on packaging peanuts. They crush underneath one's feet. I figure as long as it is a high density polyurethane that won't happen.

Old 02-20-05, 10:24 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The caution here is in the fill as well as adhesion. A damp rag on a stick will collect some of the dust.
I've found the product large chain lumberyards, but have purchased it more frequently from insulation contractors. Because it comes in "LB" volume bulk containers, there will be some waste.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: