whirlpool tub or small hot tub for master bath?

Old 02-28-05, 01:17 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
whirlpool tub or small hot tub for master bath?

Hello all,

Getting ready to build a home, and never having either a hot tub OR a whirlpool tub I was wondering.....Should we put in a whirlpool tub or a small hot tub in the master bath? First off, we like to take baths(together, most of the time ) and would take them even more had we a nice DEEP tub. Second, I would say eventually we will get a big hot tub for outside. Since we do plan on getting one for outside(eventually) it seems almost a waste to get one for the master bath but at the same time it would be nice to just come home and jump right in a tub thats already filled, warm, and ready to go. Another situation we are dealing with where we will be moving is water. There is no city water and the well water is so bad its undrinkable. We will have water holding tanks(cisterns) on site. These tanks get filled by a water delivery truck(you just call when ya need it) or you can go get it yourself(a little cheaper this way). Either way, it's a bit more expensive than city water. I figured having a small hot tub in the main bath that only has to be filled a few times a year would help in this matter. When I really think about it, I don't see us using the tub in the main bath at all after we get an outside hot tub anyway. If I knew I was never going to move from this new home, I'm not even sure I would put a tub in the master bath at all. As I mentioned above, I've never owned either type so I'm just looking for a "real world" solution. Thanks,

Ron

Old 03-11-05, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would look at it as convenience.

The outside hot tub isn't always pratical for all situations.

Most tubs I have serviced rarely get used, just a focal point of a huge bathroom.

Consider it from a resale point of view......or the use of it during a physical problem or sickness. Going outside at that point isn't exactly pratical at that point.

Old 03-12-05, 08:00 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Depends on how big is big..

See this thread: http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=202413 for the one I am installing.

I believe it holds about 80 gallons, and gets used a few times a month.

On the upside, it doesn't take long to fill, and requires no chemicals (other than the occasional addition of dishwasher detergent to keep the piping clean) and the only power it uses is the water to fill it and the pump when you are in it.

On the downside, it's not as big as a hot tub.

If you've got the interior room (and the cash), you could get a regular size hot tub and keep it covered (otherwise your home will be humidity central).
I'd recess it though, rather than leaving it at the 'stock' height, or it will probably look funny.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: