Kitchen Plumbing

Old 04-19-05, 03:17 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen Plumbing

I am in the process of renovating my kitchen. I am in the demo stage now, removed the sink and dishwasher, counter tops and cabinets now gone. The existing plumbing was done by previous homeowner with obviously no experience in plumbing.

A 2" drain came out of wall and ran horizontally 6' through base cabinets to the double sink, along the way they tapped the dishwasher into the 2". I just tore it all out, cut back the copper water lines to the basement and valved off.

My question...a new 3" PVC waste line from my addition runs under the new sink and DW area in the basement. I would like to fit out the new drain straight down through the floor, through a clean out and into the 3" PVC. Under the new sink cabinet I will have a new double sink, disposal on one side, and also tap in dishwasher. Can someone suggest the best way to make up the drain? Should I run the DW drain down through the floor as well as the sink?

Welcoming any suggestions.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-05, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Turn a 3 X 1.5 tee up to catch the drain for the kitchen sink drain, you must vent that kitchen sink above the highest flood level rim (42") and the dishwasher drain should connect into an Air Gap before tieing into the barbed nipple in the side of the garbage disposal.