1930's shower faucet


Old 04-27-05, 12:33 PM
Green Cuda
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question 1930's shower faucet

The porcelain cross handle on the hot water tap in my shower broke off (the hot/cold taps are in the wall). It's an American Standard from around the early 1930"s. I've taken the broken pieces off, but am not able to remove the back part of the handle (the piece that lies behind the knob, towards the wall). I've used lubricant, but nothing happens. Do I need a faucet puller? If so, any suggestions as to which one? Also, once I get the piece that holds the handle off, where can I buy a replacement porcelain cross handle?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-05, 07:40 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: KY/OH
Posts: 3,523
A faucet handle puller is your best bet. I would contact your local plumbing supply warehouse that deals with older products. They make retrofit; will be cheaper but I would stick with OEM parts only.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes