Kitchen Faucet?

Old 05-09-05, 08:14 AM
blakeas
Visiting Guest
Kitchen Faucet?

I am going to replace my kitchen faucet and have bought a new one - However it came without the base plate - Is there someplace i can get a base plate? Are there some that are generic? I got the faucet off of ebay and it is brand new - Just did not come with a base plate. I have noticed others dont come with a base plate as well. Any advice?

Old 05-20-05, 07:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need a brand name or a picture of the faucet to better help you.

Find out the manufacture and see if they will sell you a base plate.

Old 05-23-05, 04:20 AM
blakeas
Visiting Guest
Knockoff

I got it from EBAY and it has no markings on it - Looks like a knockoff of an existing faucet. Here is the page on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Old 05-23-05, 07:36 AM
J
It says it comes in a brand new box with a full 5 year warrantee. How do you get the warrantee if you don'tknow who made it. You can find out the info from the guys store on ebay.First make sure you need a mounting plate then tell him you didn't get a mounting plate. If he doesn't get you one tell him you will give bad feedback. Then give it!!!! in spades

For $20.00-$27.00 shipping they should include installation!

Old 05-23-05, 08:43 PM
W
Received 13 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Hi, Are you talking about the gasket on the bottom of the faucet? If so you can set it with plumbers putty.
Woodbutcher

Old 05-23-05, 09:13 PM
Wow, someone made money off the shipping.......sheesh

Old 05-24-05, 04:46 AM
blakeas
Visiting Guest
Yes i know the shipping was outrageous however all comparable faucets were well up in the 100 dollar range so therefore this was a deal. The faucet base is of good quality as far as i can tell. I was talking about the base that sits on the sink between it and the faucet. However i am going a different direction. Since i have 3 holes and this faucet only uses one - i am going to plug the left hole and put a soap dispenser in the right hole. So i think i have that problem fixed. My next problem is redoing the PVC plumbing because my new sink is 2 inches deeper. My garbage disposal waste drain slopes down and connects to the right drain. So do i cut down on the right PVC setup one the tubes 2 inches?

Old 05-24-05, 05:48 AM
J
Just a thougt. Some faucets only use a base if they are going on a stainless steel sink. I think I had a Price pfister that I had to order a base for once. The stainless sinks don't remain flat when you tighten them down. At least in my case.

Old 05-24-05, 05:50 AM
blakeas
Visiting Guest
My new sink is stainless steel - So i need a base for my faucet with this sink?

this is the sink i bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Old 05-24-05, 07:10 AM
J
When I tightened the faucet down on the sink The ends were not down on the sink. Mine was a single hole faucet like the one in the picture. They had a base plate for it. They were making the base plate especially because the faucets didn't sit right on the sink. Only you know if you need a baseplate. Sometimes ,I think, it will sit on the sink better after it is installed.
If not plug up the 2 extra holes and load the base with plumbers putty not silicone and put it on. At least it won't leak and it may even look and work as it was designed to.

Last edited by joneq; 05-24-05 at 10:12 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: