installing a new kitchen sink

Old 06-10-05, 06:50 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
installing a new kitchen sink

WE a long counter in the kitchen with no cabinets beheath, the old ownser used it as a bar and palced stools along side of it for eating. The ajoining wall if a bathroom and on the opposite side of the wall is a sink. i would like to install on the kitchen side and additional kitchen sink. Any idea as to how much work that is to do by myself?
I assume it should be rather simple regarding pipes since the water pipes are allready in the wall and so is the drain pipe. i have a family friend who will finish off the cabinets below once the sink is in palce. i can ask him for help for the sink but was wondering if Ic an do it myself. Byt eh way the counter top is formica.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-05, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Set the kitchen sink base (which is usually 60") where you are putting the kitchen sink, most already do not have a back in the cabinet. From there you sink will be centered with the base, then you can cut the sink hole where need be.

The countertop usually is removed in order to cut the opening easily; use the new sink as a template, should come on the cardboard box it is packaged in.

I don't know your mechanical abilities to tell you if you can do it or not. Only way to find out is to try, if you hit a hard spot, call a plumber or someone that can get you through it.