finding new shower faucet.

Old 06-12-05, 07:51 PM
altiris
Visiting Guest
finding new shower faucet.

First of all I want to say that finding parts for a manufactured home is difficult. Any repairs I had to make involved having to modify a part to make it compatible. Places like home depot, Lows or MG don’t carry the parts that I need for my manufactured home. I’m looking for a faucet for a stand alone shower. My shower has 3 holes in which the faucet goes into. The back side (the side behind the wall) receives the threads. The middle one goes to the shower head and the two side ones go to the hot and cold water. My question is where can I find this part. It’s the fixture that has the knobs. I dont even know what its called. Any help please
thanks

Old 06-15-05, 09:54 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
This might be what you are looking for.

http://doityourself.com/store/6970297.htm

If not, do a goooooooooooooooooogle search for mobile home parts in your area or close vicinity.

Old 06-16-05, 07:48 AM
altiris
Visiting Guest
Thanks but its not a tub show. Its a stand alone shower. Every where I search turns up a tub show combo or something that does not fit. The nobs are all in one unit. The nobs are on one side and there are 3 threaded small pipes sticking out the back side. google turnes up what Im not looking for.

Old 06-17-05, 01:07 AM
what does the middle knob do? normally that is a diverter to choose between tub and shower. is it possible you actually have a diverter with the tub line capped off - making the knob an "on/off" for the shower head?

strange.

Old 06-17-05, 07:41 AM
First, tell us exactly what you are trying to do: do you just want to replace leaking stems and put on new handles? If so, take your old parts to a plumbing supply house. Parts may be a little hard to find, because the box stores, and to some extent even plumbing stores, stock regionally appropriate parts. Every area has some "predominant" brands and models due to choices made by large builders. For example, San Diego north of 8 and west of the valley is about 80% PP, maybe 10% Moen, 5% Delta. Anyway, mobile homes are made somewhere else, so this regional availability does not support the brands that were used. Also, mobile homes are often plumbed with something other than copper, so the valve inlets fittings are different.

You can probably obtain exact replacement parts even if it means ordering them at the supply house.

Old 06-17-05, 10:06 AM
altiris
Visiting Guest
there is only 2 knobs. The 3 I was referring to was the diverter and the 2 receiving threaded pipes the ones that you connect the hot and cold water too. I modified the one that is on there now so I can connect the diverter to the pipe that goes to the shower head. I had cut the diverter piece from the older one and epoxied it to the new one since it was not the same and would not fit the threads. It worked. One of the knobs broke that can not be fixed. I have to replace the whole unit. it sprays water everywhere and cant be turned off. I’ve fixed other thing around the house but not with out having to modify it. It’s a used doublewide. Like the circuit breaker box. The little squire clamp that clamps the one of the electrical wires to the post on the breaker box broke. I could not find this type of clamp that would fit. They would tell me at the store I may have to replace the whole circuit breaker box . if I did that then I would have to replace all my breakers cause they do not fit a standard breaker box. Heck I don’t even know if a standard box would fit into the cavity in the wall. So I found a clamp that would work. I had to drill a hole on the leg then drill on the clamp and bolt the clamp to the leg. It works. I can go on on other mods I had to do for the toilet, sewage, window. And there are other repairs I know I have to get too but I have to figure out how to fix it like the shower. I cant just go to home depot and buy a replacement. I’m not the only mobile home owner in the world and I know there has to be a dealership that has parts specifically for mobile homes cause they are not the same as regular fixed home parts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: