Bathtub type question

Old 06-28-05, 11:15 PM
Tom M
Visiting Guest
Question Bathtub type question

We are looking for a bathtub that is designed to fit snug against just 2 walls (not the conventional 3).
- Net, it is square on the 2 sides that butt up against the walls (one side with plumbing and one long side).
- The outside of the tub is rounded at the corner opposite the corner formed by the 2 walls

What is this type/style of tub called? What vendors make this type of tub?

I know they exist because we have one in our house currently.

Thanks in advance!

ps. We've seen the 'corner tubs' - but these are more square shape. What we are looking for is a more conventional, elongated rectangle shape.

Last edited by Tom M; 06-29-05 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-29-05, 05:50 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tom M,

This is one example but not cheap!

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=2&category=10

It might be best to get a drop in tub and build a wood frame wall. What you ask I beleive is not available anymore.

I will place this thread in another catagory for further assistance.

Good Luck!

Old 06-29-05, 08:19 AM
Tom M
Visiting Guest
thanks doug - yes that is expensive... and what we are looking for isn't square on the corner opposite the corner that butts up against the walls. It's more rounded so you aren't banging your knees/shins against it as you go in and out of the bathroom (tight space we have to work with).

- I've added some clarifing points to my original description regarding this.

Thanks again for the response!

Old 06-29-05, 08:22 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tom,

Have you the room to make a drop in frame to the shape you desire or at least angled end corner?

It sure would reduce the cost BIG TIME but others may know of a vendor for what you are wanting. I can't say I do and I deal with allot of bath products for clients.

Just a thought

Old 06-29-05, 08:33 AM
Tom M
Visiting Guest
doug -
yes- we've thought about that... unfortunately, the way the space is configured, it doesn't easily allow for a '3rd' wall - it would make the bathroom feel that much smaller. We may have to put in just a partial wall or nix the tub idea altogether and just go with a stand up shower.

But our other bathroom is even smaller - and the tub configuration I am looking for works really well in it.. that's why I've been trying this route first.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: