new toilet flange suggestion

Old 08-05-05, 03:24 AM
Eddiebx
Visiting Guest
new toilet flange suggestion

I am going to be installing a new flange and piping to the main stack, and was wondering would there be any advantage to using a 4"x3" 90deg reducing bend so that i can use a 4" flange?

i was thinking about doing everything in 3" because the connection at the main stack is a 3". so it would basically be a 3" flange, with a 3" 90deg elbow, and a 3" pipe to the main stack. but I was wondering if that will create a restriction. theoreticallly it should because the toilet outlet is only 2". though i have no experience in plumbing so I have not a clue

lastly would you suggest I stick with a good ol' wax ring gasket, or get one of those fernco rubber sealing adaptor/gasket thing.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-05, 07:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Personal opinion: I would use a 3" flange and fittings. I would also use the old style wax seal. Some members here have had problems with the rubber seals. May have just been the way they installed them. Good luck.

Old 08-05-05, 12:46 PM
Eddiebx
Visiting Guest
great to hear, yeah i was leaning towards teh wax ring myself as well, i mean its been around forever, only downside is messy clean up when you wanna swap toilets, but i dont exactly change them everyday

thanks again!