Method to modifying location for water supply/drain

Old 08-05-05, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Method to modifying location for water supply/drain

I am replacing a one piece vanity/sink, and the location of the bowl part is about 18" further to the right than the old one.

Now, will it be fairly straight forward to modify (extend) the water supply lines, and drain over to that side, without removing the whole shebang and making new holes? BTW, these all come in from the floor of the vanity cabinet, not out from the wall.

I'm no expert, but hope you can figure out what I meant, am I clear as mud? LOL

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-05, 10:12 AM
I don't see a problem with what you want to do. Doubtful that any code would be involved in an 18" move. With the drain coming out of the floor, I wonder where the vent line ties into the drain. Good luck.

Old 08-05-05, 10:59 AM
What kind of parts are used to extend these lines? I also wonder where the vent would tie into the drain, never thought of that. That drain does come straight out of the floor. I do know that there is a vent on top of the roof above the bathroom.

There is a crawl space under the house if that means anything.

Old 08-05-05, 11:40 AM
You didn't say what materials were used on the original installation. Are the waterlines copper, galvanized etc.? Are the drainlines PVC or metal? The vent may be connected in the crawlspace. Since you are moving the drain over 18", you will have to have a slope of approx 3/8" (1/4" per foot) from the vanity drain to the line going through the floor. The drain is probably 1-1/4 inch pipe that changes to 1-1/2" before going through the floor.