toliet problems

Old 08-08-05, 12:26 PM
ruby3000
Visiting Guest
toliet problems

i have a water saver toliet on the second floor. lately it has been overflowing and of course causing water issues in the basement.

i have caulked all around the base of the bowl, thinking perhaps that is causing it to leak down into the basement. but the caulking did not stop the
water.

why the toliet over-flows i don't know, nothing harsh goes in it, we use very simple toliet paper. i have snaked the toliet bowl and it did not give any resitence so i did not feel any major clogs or minor clogs for that matter.

i just need to figure out why it overflows. there in turn then will eliminate the
water issue in the basement.

we have city sewer.

any suggestions. thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-05, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
When you snaked the toilet, did you use a 3/8" snake or a closet auger? A small snake could go through a blockage of toilet paper wrapped around another obstruction (toothbrush, comb etc). Water will not pass through this same clog and will back-up causing overflowing. If the toilet is overflowing, there IS a clog. You can rent a closet auger or buy one. Good luck and reply back with the results or any further questions.

Old 08-09-05, 11:15 AM
ruby3000
Visiting Guest
toliet problem

thank you, i will rent the auger and go from there.
i'll update you.