slip-on to threaded nipple adapter?

Old 08-14-05, 09:13 PM
dkarizona
Visiting Guest
slip-on to threaded nipple adapter?

Is there such thing as a slip-on pipe to threaded nipple adapter? I bought a Price Pfister tub faucet but it needs a threaded nipple. We have only a bare, unthreaded copper pipe leading to the faucet.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-05, 06:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no.

You need to sweat the proper fitting onto the supply line and then attach the tub valve.

Good luck with your project.

Old 08-15-05, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a compression to male ips adapter, but tightening the spout would disturb the compression joint.

Best thing is to get a different spout. There is no reason to lock in on a specific brand. There are dozens of spout manufacturers in any price range you desire. Get a slip-on spout which uses a o-ring seal on the copper and a set-screw to lock it in place. The only alternative is to solder a male ips adapter.

Old 08-15-05, 12:23 PM
dkarizona
Visiting Guest
I picked up a slip on to threaded adapter at HD this morning. My only concern is getting the correct length now. What is the correct length from the wall surface to the end of the thread? Also, how difficult is it the solder this on? I have a torch and some solder/flux now. Are there any tricks I should know about?
The reason I wanted to stick with this line is that I already have matching sink faucets and kitchen faucets. Thanks.