slip-on to threaded nipple adapter?


Old 08-14-05, 09:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
slip-on to threaded nipple adapter?

Is there such thing as a slip-on pipe to threaded nipple adapter? I bought a Price Pfister tub faucet but it needs a threaded nipple. We have only a bare, unthreaded copper pipe leading to the faucet.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-05, 06:29 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,780
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

You need to sweat the proper fitting onto the supply line and then attach the tub valve.

Good luck with your project.
Old 08-15-05, 08:46 AM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 2,041
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a compression to male ips adapter, but tightening the spout would disturb the compression joint.

Best thing is to get a different spout. There is no reason to lock in on a specific brand. There are dozens of spout manufacturers in any price range you desire. Get a slip-on spout which uses a o-ring seal on the copper and a set-screw to lock it in place. The only alternative is to solder a male ips adapter.
Old 08-15-05, 12:23 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I picked up a slip on to threaded adapter at HD this morning. My only concern is getting the correct length now. What is the correct length from the wall surface to the end of the thread? Also, how difficult is it the solder this on? I have a torch and some solder/flux now. Are there any tricks I should know about?
The reason I wanted to stick with this line is that I already have matching sink faucets and kitchen faucets. Thanks.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: