Faucet quality/price?

Old 08-20-05, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Faucet quality/price?

Hi,
I a few 3 family apts bldgs I recently bought.A couple have faucets in tough shape.Am I better off buying higher priced name brand faucets for these like delta,or Moen?Will they be alot better than the lower priced units?thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-05, 06:37 PM
There is nothing wrong with the brands you mentioned, but what shape are the bathrooms in. I wouldn't put gold plated American Standard in an old bath, but maybe some nice Gerbers.
One thing I would do is standardize everything as this will keep your inventory for parts low and you can buy in bulk on some items with break pricing at 3 or 5 units.

Just a though...Good luck.

Old 08-20-05, 08:19 PM
This is an age-old question in the hospitality and rental property business. I would say that owners who do all their own maintenance, or have on-site paid staff so they don't fully value the labor costs, tend to want the lowest initial outlay. In days past that might have meant PP lavs and showers. Today for the lavs and kitchens it might mean EZ FLow or Glacier Bay. It is important for them for everything to be the same, so often they replace all of their lavs and kitchens at the same time. In my opinion, if you fully value the labor costs of replacements, or frequent repairs, you would conclude that buying a better faucet is less costly overall. However, if you assume that tenants or guests will tear up the fixtures no matter what quality they are, then.........! So, I am not a property owner and have not had to actually pencil this out. If you join your local apartment owners association, they may have research data to help you with this decision.

Old 08-22-05, 06:49 AM
As a fellow apatment building owner, I would recommend you go with a Delta or Moen. If you dont value your time, you could save a couple bucks and go cheap, but I hope you enjoy fixing it again in a couple years.